Professional Nanny needed for two boys (5 and 3 ½ year old)-Crestwood Neighborhood. Northwest, DC.
Wonderful easy-going family is looking for a reliable long-term career Nanny with extensive childcare experience. The ideal candidate would be engaging, punctual, proactive, someone who understands the responsibilities of a caretaker and can take the lead once settled in the home. A nanny who is flexible and encourages individuality and independent play.
Parents are looking for a caring nanny with experience in speech delays, special needs and understands the autism spectrum. The nanny should assist in maintaining a balanced environment for both boys, support the children with their sensory needs and prioritizes a healthy routine. The boys are curious, charming, loving, and enthusiastic and love to connect with their caregivers. If this role sounds like a great match for your knowledge, personality and experience we want to hear from you!
M-F 3-7 PM.
IDEAL START November 14th, 2022.
Benefits and Compensation:
- $30-35 per hour
- 20 Hours guaranteed
- Sick leave
- Milage reimbursement
- Federal Holidays paid/off
- 5 to 10 years of experience as a nanny
- CPR and first aid certified
- Be up to date on immunization
- Early Childhood education
- ASD knowledge and Speech Pathology
- Valid Driver’s license and clean driving record
- Reliable Transportation
- At least 3 excellent references
- Authorized to work in the U.S
- Candidates must be open to paid trial days with the family prior to hiring.
- School pick-ups at 3p (~2 blocks from home), on foot
- Childcare from 3-7p M-F, including their dinner/prep thereof, next day’s lunch prep, tidying of child-related mess from period of childcare, kid’s laundry, playdates, etc.
- One work week evening; Thursday typically, seek/offer some flexibility here
- Openness to planned-in-advance: weekend slots, and traveling with us, and/or full coverage of boys (in our home) while both parents are away (infrequent)
- Periodic ability to work ~9-6p:
- Planned: school is closed due to parent-teacher conferences and the like; summer during non-camp periods
- Unplanned as possible: if boys have sniffles, school is closed due to COVID (rare), and the like (to offer premium pay for unplanned coverage)