District Sitter is an elite boutique childcare agency providing the best childcare service for families in the DMV area. We cover all your childcare related needs - from full-time nannies to date-night sitters to special event care so you never fall short on childcare. We make the hiring process stress-free for our clients - District Sitter has an amazing team of professional, reliable, and trustworthy nannies and sitters, all thoroughly vetted through an extensive interview process. We verify their references and ask them the right questions to make sure they are the right fit for your family. All of our candidates are CPR and First Aid certified, have clean background checks, and are trained to comply with our high operating standards. Our goal is to create a safe, reliable, and inclusive community for families and nannies to work together and provide kids with the love, care and attention they deserve.
We recognize the challenges parents go through while trying to find the right caretaker for their children. Based on your families needs District Sitter will personalize a curated list of sitters for you to review and select from. We can provide date night sitters, last minute back up nannies, and part time babysitters so you can enjoy your special occasions or just have some well-deserved personal time once in a while.
From sorting through the various job posting platforms to sifting through dozens of application, conducting interviews to paying for background checks, finding the right caregiver for your child can take hundreds of hours. Hours that you could be spending with your family. Let us take the stress out of your search. Here is a little glimpse into our process.
You call the shots. Families seeking care through District Sitter must fill out the registration, client-agency agreement and survey information on what your ideal candidate looks like. District Sitter will schedule a call with one or both parents to discuss further requirements and any clarifications such as Nanny’s compensation & benefits, desired personality traits, professional experience, pet-peeves, urgency, expectations and ideal time frame for hiring them.
District Sitter takes the work from there:
- District Sitter posts job to initiate candidate search, saving you time and the cost of posting on reputable sites.
- District Sitter interviews best match candidates in person, saving you hours of scheduling hassle.
- DS verifies candidates’ information and credentials, such as CPR & First aid certifications, work authorization etc.
- District Sitter checks candidates references, saving you hours of phone tag.
- District Sitter provides the family with the best 3-4 candidates’ information for family to revise and interview streamlining your selection process to only qualified caregivers.
- You tell DS your pick and inform us of the job offer and desired start date for your candidate.
- After the DS hiring Fee is paid, DS will turn over W2 information and you will be able to start with your new nanny!
Are you looking for the perfect family? Tired of dead end job posts and navigating negotiations for pay and benefits alone? We have your back and would love to help you find your perfect family match.
All nannies and child care providers that want to be part of the agency must first apply through districtsitter.com or directly to the job post. We are actively looking for caregivers with full-time, part time and evening/weekend availability.
Becoming a District Sitter:
- Every applicant must submit a resume and at least two references.
- DS will interview you by phone first, and then follow up with in-person interviews - we want to know who you are and what you are looking for in a job so that we can match you with families who fit your schedule and salary needs.
- Prior to beginning the family search, candidates must sign a Nanny-Agency agreement for signature. This non-exclusive agreement protects your privacy during the search process.
- DS will coordinate with you and your families to set up an in-person interview.
- In order to protect your negotiating interests, you must keep in touch with DS and provide feedback from the family interview
- You may be asked to do paid trial days for a potential family to ensure a proper fit. District Sitter stands by our nanny clients and will fight to ensure that you are fairly compensated for any work performed for any family.
- Once a fit has been established, DS will provide you with your job offer, which you may accept or decline.